Uttar Pradesh Electronics Policy
By Spotlight - 05-July-2019
Uttar Pradesh, the land with ancient history is rich in resources and cultural heritage. It is one of the largest states in India with GDP of more than US$ 200 billion and has the largest consumer base in the country with around 200 million people. With rapid industrialization and Government spending in Projects like Metro Rail, Agra – Lucknow Expressway, IT City, IT Parks, upcoming Poorvanchal Expressway, Electronic Manufacturing Clusters, Industrial Zones, Optical Fiber Connectivity etc., the state has taken up a trajectory towards accelerated growth and developed society.
IT & Electronics sector has been contributing immensely to the state Industry with the presence of companies like TCS, IBM, Wipro, ST microelectronics etc. and is proud of the long term establishment of Samsung, LG Electronics, HCL for more than 2 decades of successful operation in the state. The state has abundant skilled manpower along with the presence of prominent institutions like IITs, IIM, IIITs, and reputed Engineering Colleges catering to the demand of the Industry.
To address the gap of supply & demand, Government of India has set a vision to transform India into a global hub for ESDM sector to cater both domestic and global demand. Aligning with the National vision, the state of Uttar Pradesh is emerging fast in the ESDM sector with the new entrants like Oppo, Lava, Intex, Vivo etc. along with several component manufacturers setting up their units in Uttar Pradesh.
To accelerate the ESDM ecosystem development, the UP Electronics manufacturing policy hereby declares Noida, Greater Noida and Yamuna Expressway area as “Electronic Manufacturing Zone” and all the incentives under the policy shall be applicable to all units setting up their base in the declared Zone. This Zone already have the seamless connectivity, state of the art infrastructure, Logistics hub, 24X7 water-power availability, Social Infrastructure, International Schools, hospitals, Nearest International Airport and cut across through DMIC and EDFC corridors.
This will lead the exponential growth in the establishment of ESDM units in the zone which will not only boost up the economy but also create large scale employment in the state.
- To promote the growth of Electronics Manufacturing Industry in the state by providing conducive environment and position Uttar Pradesh as the most preferred Investment destination.
- To provide Single window assistance for successful establishment of ESDM units in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- To build a world class ecosystem of R&D, Product design, Assembly & Testing, Engineering & Production for electronics in the state.
- To promote skill development for the workforce in the electronics sector which can boost employment opportunities within the state.
- Establishment of Electronic Manufacturing Clusters/ESDM parks in the state
- To attract investment in Electronics Manufacturing sector in the state
- To focus on the establishment of FAB unit in the state
- Establishment of ESDM parks for Domestic / Foreign investors in the state
- To promote and develop employment opportunities within the state
- Augmentation of Gross State Domestic product (GSDP) of Uttar Pradesh
Policy Target & Implementation Strategy
With this Electronics Manufacturing Policy, the state government targets to make Uttar Pradesh an Electronics Manufacturing Hub and targets to establish a conducive ecosystem for Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) sector, where Anchor Units and Components Manufacturers shall work together.
The Policy targets the declaration of entire notified area of Noida Industrial Development Authority (NOIDA), Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority (GNIDA) and Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA) as “Electronics Manufacturing Zone” (EMZ), whereby, at most ESDM units shall establish their manufacturing units.
The policy targets to attract investment of INR 20,000 Crores in ESDM sector and generate employment for 3,00,000 manpower by the year 2022.
Thrust will be given to establish the Electronics Manufacturing Clusters/ESDM Parks to set up business units within the state. These EMCs/ESDM parks would help in:
- Creating more innovative and competitive business zones based on knowledge, people-led innovation, and global networking.
- Offering high capacity of monitoring and management of environmental issues.
- Improving city transportation and more secure urban spaces.
- Providing basic infrastructural facilities like land, power (uninterrupted 24x7 supply of quality power), water, roads etc.
Creating a mechanism with Industry to facilitate the implementation of e-waste (management and H...